This privacy notice lets you know about what happens to personal information you share with us and why we may need to ask for it.
1. What kind of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we process in connection to our services offered include:
- Personal and contact details, such as full name (personal or business), home or business address, email and telephone numbers.
- Records of contact with us such as loan car use, invoice and estimate history relating to works carried out or to be carried out and payment methods used.
- Vehicle information (make model and registration plate), this will be shown on invoices, estimates and held on our database.
2. What is the source of your personal information?
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- From you directly or family/friends acting on your behalf when authorised to do so by yourself
- Information generated by you when you use our services, this includes online booking requests tyre fitting orders and email contact forms
- Telephone recording system
3. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any listed in section 1 for the following purposes
- To provide a repair/service history for your vehicle
- To provide business statements where applicable
- Returning customers details will be located on our database when we input a registration and can be linked to various vehicles owned by yourself and or family members if requested
- Warranty company’s you are registered with may request that we provide service history details of your vehicle
- Recorded use of loan vehicles in the event of an insurance claim request by a third party, parking/driving offences and so that we can locate the vehicles whereabouts
- Sending out text messaging reminders for MOT/SERVICE when becoming due, we will ask for your consent verbally to do this
4. What are the legal grounds for processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
- Updating our records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and recovering debt (where appropriate)
Where it is our legitimate interest to do so:
- To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
- For managing and auditing of our business including accounting
- Parts supplied by Phillips Garage Ltd may be covered under warranty and we require vehicle details including make, model, date and mileage when part(s) were first installed to claim costs incurred by Phillips Garage Ltd autos from our supply companies
- To carry out monitor and to keep records of our communication with you and our staff, to assist us to help resolve any disputes that may arise
- To comply with our legal obligations
5. How and when you can withdraw your consent:
- You can contact us in person or via email/telephone to request text reminders to stop
6. Do we share your information with 3rd parties?
- We only share your information with 3rd parties as mentioned in sections 3 & 4
7. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
- We will be unable to offer some of our services without obtaining your personal information listed in section 1
8. For how long is your personal information held by us?
Unless we explain otherwise we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and services to you and then, for as long as someone could bring a claim against us, and or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
Should you wish to contact Phillips Garage Ltd regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact the data controller Peter Oliver.